Thread: My first map done with the aid of a tablet.

Wip My first map done with the aid of a tablet.

Well, I finally broke down and picked up a Bamboo Fun about a week ago. I have been really busy with other projects lately, so I haven't had a chance to use it on mappy type stuff until last night. I turned this out in about an hour. I find the tablet doesn't help much for texturing work, but for layouts, drawing rivers, and laying down mountains, it is really convenient!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. C&C is welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	experiment.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	29788  

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice looking.

As for the tablet: Smart move - I think you will never look back!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice!! I have been thinking about buying a tablet every time I see something like this I think a little more..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I got the Bamboo fun, and am really enjoying it so far! I was back and forward about whether to spring for the Intuos4 but decided I should start with the less expensive option and upgrade later if it turned out the whole tablet thing was really for me. I could always craigslist the Bamboo. If I were a rich man, I'd snag the twelve inch cintiq--maybe some day. I suppose I'd better keep practicing in the mean time.

Slightly perspective warped version. Made this my desktop image until I whip up something better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	experiment2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	29797  

Anyone who uses "drawing rivers" and "really convenient" in the same sentence is going to get my attention! Lovely map - especially love the distress, crease-lines and noise on it that gives it that authentic look of something that's been stowed in a backpack between camps.

And to really give it that stored in a backpack and used look, add a cup ring or two.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."