Thread: Question about CD3 Buildings

Default Question about CD3 Buildings

Hello, Quick newbie question for CD3 owners. I like the look of the gothic style buildings in CD3, but not the normal vector buildings. This is the style:

http://www.profantasy.com/images/cd3.../gallery06.jpg

My question is: can CD3 auto place that style of building along streets? Or do they need to be placed manually? I see that the feature for auto-placement is listed for the software, but the samples and CD3 maps here in the forums make me think that the feature doesn't apply to the gothic style buildings.

Thanks

Well, the buildings that are auto-placed are the vector ones, which really look alot like the catalog ones. You could then go and replace some with the catalog ones, as well as also add to the placed vector one to make buildings look identical to the catalog ones. It really is a quite versatile program. Unfortunaley the reverse is not true, you cannot add to the symbol catalog buildings easily. It CAN be done, but requires an advanced knowledge of the software.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry you feel that way. When I make cities, i use the SYMBOL buildings as Fillers as opposed to the main construction. I also like my cities to be very, very cramped, like our cities in the past.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I was hoping that CD3 could randomly place that style because it matches the cardstock terrain from WorldWorks Games. I do most of my work in photoshop, but thought that auto placement of buildings would be really nice if they matched the buildings on the game table. That would make it worth the software purchase for sure. But if I need to manually place the buildings anyway, then it's easier to just stick with photoshop.