Thread: Wilbur1.72

Default Wilbur1.72

http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/software.html provides access to the 72nd numbered release of Wilbur. Well, OK, it's a bit more than 72 due to some confusion in the pre-1.0 and also around the 1.25 era, but 72 is a nice round number. Mostly just minor bug fixes and a couple of minor features.

Blog Entries

A question; the reported version is still 1.71, is this just an oversite in the "about" or maybe 1.72 didn't get uploaded?

As I realized when I woke up this morning, I forgot to change the version numbers for everything. It should be updated now. It's always the little non-code QA things that leap up and bite you.

I just downloaded the 32 bit version and it still says it is version 1.71, not 1.72.

Also, when I run the Filter>Erosion>Erosion Cycle function on a terrain, the program locks up and have to use Task Manager to shut it down.

This was the only place I could find to report this.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Very odd. My local copy of the web site had the correct version but the ISP's copy had an older one. Maybe my ISP did a restore for me when I wasn't looking. Anyhow, the updated version should be at the above location.

Thanks waldronate. Figured out problem with Erosion Cycle. I wasn't waiting long enough for it to finish before clicking the "Close" button. I was working on a 9600 by 4800 px terrain. Perhaps I should learn patience is a virtue?

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

I need to get a multithreaded progress thingy working for long operations. Things seem to take a lot longer when the system gives no visual feedback (yes, this is a basic principle of user interface design).

Default Rib ?

Is possible to save as... or export .rib file?
    775Mb .dem file Wilbur save as... as 22Gb .obj file, while others make 1.5Gb.
    Export rivers as textures?
    Very good Wilbur

Wilbur has no .rib support, sorry.
    The version of .obj file that Wilbur saves is an ancient one; it's quite possible that newer revisions would allow for a better ratio of file size to information content.
    You should be able to save the displayed image (including any found rivers) using File>>Save As and picking one of the formats such as "PNG Texture".