Thread: Star Borders maps WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default Star Borders maps WIP

Hi all:

I thought I would show you one of the six maps I am developing for "Star Borders", a game to be released by Victory Point Games (probably in a couple months). The original artwork, which I dont have handy right now, had a rather cute, reto-50's style, but the publishers wanted something else, and asked me what I could do. The results are, hopefully, a more high-tech look. My inspiration was all those Sci-Fi movies that have those kool computer interphases (like the ones in "Minority Report). The maps will be geo-morphic; that is, you cut the bottom charts off and then you can connect them any way you want. I was stuck with the gray background as the publishers insisted they could not afford the ink for a full-on space black style, but overall I think it works.

The main problem I am having now is lining up the green lines so they connect properly on the different maps. The publisher will be useing a Full Bleed to print to the edges of a sheet of paper, and the amount of bleed is messing up my ability to get the lines to connect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SB central sector (Theta)15_1.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	29988