Thread: Question

Default Question

Hi,

I'm not exactly new, though I haven't been very active lately, due to circumstances.

However, now I have a question.

I would like some help with some maps I made.

How do I go about this? Do I start a new thread and, if so, where? Do I upload the maps in that thread or to an album in my profile?

in short, what is the best way to go about this?

Couple ways to go about it. The best and most suggested way is to do it yourself. Find the appropriate section ie: Town. Regional, Battlemap etc Make a thread stating its a WIP - Work In Progress and use the attachment manager to add your maps to the thread. As long as you don't delete any posts or updates, it keeps track of all revision and is a simple file organizer. Go in the tutorial section find a style or tutorials on how to manipulate the software and make your own style. Try to execute and update as you go along we will try and critique and add suggestions.

On the other hand you can always commission the work. Where the fun in that amiright?
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

The best way to get some help on your maps is to start a wip thread in one of the sub-forums.
    Depending on the types of maps that you have you should open the thread in the appropriate sub-forum.

Edit: oh geamon you were faster

Zapow!!!! I'm a thread ninja!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Also, you'll usually get higher quality advice if you post a thread for each map you want help on. If you ask for help on multiple maps in the same thread, people will tend to seize on just one of them and ignore the others.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name