Thread: Kingdom Of Shendenflar & Neighborhood

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Kingdom Of Shendenflar & Neighborhood

This is an idea that I have had in my head for quite a while. Although there is a huge hand drawn map of Riverhewn and now several digital versions of various Shendenflar maps, there is no large "setting" map. The Kingdom Of Shendenflar is set in the World of Greyhawk Campaign Setting so it was enough to just note where the Kingdom was and where it's large cities are. Now however, I've decided that it's time to place the Kingdom "permanently" This is a VERY preliminary sketch of all the features of the Northern Flanaess. I'm undecided as to what style to do this map in just yet.

It probably goes without saying that I didn't originally create any of this map except for the Shendenflar parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shendenflar region.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	628.6 KB 
ID:	30016
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I'm not all that familiar with Greyhawk anymore so this map doesn't make any sense to me yet...but I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it. I'll have a gander at the Greyhawk hex map hanging in our gameroom the next time my group gets together. Glad to see you continuing to develop your setting (or, rather, map what you've already developed)!
    M

Blog Entries

Wip

As I've mentioned several times before. I am a HUGE fan of the World Of Greyhawk setting. I want to do this map so that it is recognizable as the Flanaess but with a little bit of my style too. I have to admit this map is a little scary. It's probably one of the most recognizable maps in the RPG world and here I am with my little sticky fingers all over it.. Anyway here's an update all the forests and mountains have been added as well as the water details. I think I'm going for a hand drawn look this time. I'm not sure about the parchment just yet either. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks !!

Views:	84 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	30040
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Well..Quite an update tonight. After two nights of working on this I think I have it. I'm not 100% sure it's finished but can't really see the need for anything else. Labeling this was a process.. I forgot how many cities and towns were called out on this map until I taped it above my computer and went to town.. I like the overall "feel" of the map It's obviously the "right" half of the Flanaess but I think I put my stamp on it a little bit. Most importantly The Kingdom Of Shendenflar now has a permanent home not just a couple of low tack post it notes to denote it's existence.. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks !!

Views:	86 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	30052

Finished Maps

Only two things I see missing are the Map Title and Scale.

Otherwise, niiice map.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Nice work. A border, scale and title would be a good idea. This map gives me a little shot of that early D&D wonderment.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Nice map jtougas! I would also add some dots to pin the cities. I wonder if it is intended to show the terrain below the mountains?

Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    Nice work. A border, scale and title would be a good idea. This map gives me a little shot of that early D&D wonderment.
    Thanks !! And I followed your advice about the scale, border and title

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    Nice map jtougas! I would also add some dots to pin the cities. I wonder if it is intended to show the terrain below the mountains?
    Good idea about the dots looks a little better now. Also I was trying to pay a little "homage" to the original map and it's red mountains hence the red under the peaks..

And here it is.. I think it's finished I love it it's my first "artsy" map and although it was lot of work I think it's worth it. I added all the suggestions as well as a "burled" overlay to give it some texture. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks !!

Views:	86 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	30083

Finished Maps