So, I had a brief chat with IndustryGothica a while back about how I was interested in getting involved with the CWPB, and I recently decided I might take the plunge and give it a shot. So, I browsed through the wiki and these forums in an effort to figure out how to jump in. To be honest, it is incredibly nebulous, and hard to get a handle on as a newcomer--I'd imagine that is the biggest hurdle to a huge project like this. I see a good number of "I'd be interested in helping but I don't know how to go about getting started" posts.

I have a simple idea (either one of those 'so simple its brilliant' or 'so simple it must have already been thought of and rejected' type things). It goes like this: One of the Big Dogs who has a good handle on how the project works (Redrobes, IndustryGothica, Torq, Ravells, etc.) come up with a list of a few specific areas that could do with expanding and make a monthly post in the Mapmaking Request Forum. I know I for one would be a lot more eager to jump in in I saw something like this--I wouldn't be worried that I was jumping on anyone else's toes, or going about it wrong. Also, if it was a monthly post, people might not have to wade through threads 15-20 pages deep to figure out what they need to do.

A few maps from each 'category' each month would be great:
-Two or three regional scale maps an image/grid showing what area of what region could use expanding (even better if there could be some kind of template to work from like the approximate overlay from Ravell's map here.
-Two or three cities that have yet to be mapped
-A couple temples/forests/underground networks that could use battle maps.

I'd be pumped to see something like this become a regular feature, and I know I'd pick one up whenever I wasn't busy with other projects. If it isn't crossing a line I haven't had the good sense to see yet, I think I am going to try and start this myself but feel free to delete the thread in this isn't welcome (again, I am terrified that I am stepping on toes or going about this wrong).