Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of map?

You could see all of them in a drunken state... could be some sort of play on the different meanings of state. Also, they might not be the most famous places by those names, at least some of them. I thought of this because my parents recently went to Yellowstone and saw the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. You might try disambiguation pages on Wikipedia for a start. For example, in addition to the most famous Death Valley in California, there's also a couple of stadiums and a section of freeway with that nickname. Plus a couple of films, which could be seen anywhere.

So I guess you dont know where tf the map is either.

Unless you have a higher resolution version of that image I can't see any way of extracting where it is a map of. I've worked in image processing and unlike the "magical" capabilities evinced by programs like CSI, there is a limit to how much data you can extract!
    The creators of this triva thing can't imagine that anyone will recognise the place itself so if there's a clue there, it's bigger than that.
    The only thing I can postulate is that if this is a BLM map then the colour coding seems to indicate that most of this map looks like "Indian Reservation".
    Does that lead to something? Are all these locations inside Indian Reservations or go through them?
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Bah!!!
    South Dakota.
    The clue was about shedding light. They are all names of rooms in the Wind Cave system.
    http://www.nps.gov/archive/wica/Room_Name.htm
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12