Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Battlemaps

Thanks jtougas, I'm "trying" to up the quality of my work and am taking a nod from TheRedEpic on properly decorating the maps. Here's another I threw together today. The main junction of a sewer system of a large capital city. It's not complete yet, I'm trying to come up with a way to translate a waterfall/elevation drop for the water ways. Any ideas? Also should I add more puddles/water streamers and pipes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main Sewer Junction.jpg 
Views:	942 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	33338  
    Last edited by geamon; 02-10-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

This one is gonna be labeled as complete. After fooling around for like 2-3 hrs I got the "waterfalls" right. Enjoy!

Name:	Main Sewer Junction.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	33357  
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

After losing my mojo on my lite challenge map which I am unable to complete in time. I've decided to do something comfortable, doing an encounter map for this series. Decided to experiment with some of the new textures I found from Patrick Hoesly (link here if you missed it). Here's small gambling hall or establishment located underground ideally in the cellar of a tavern or aristocrats home. My plan is to assemble a dozen or so and post them in the finished maps section. Hope you enjoy.

Name:	Underground Gambling Hall.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	34372  
    Last edited by geamon; 03-14-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These keep getting cooler and cooler geamon. Nice job
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

After waking up and taking a look at this I'm thinking it's missing something, not sure what. Hmmm.....
    Cheers, Julien

After analyzing it for a bit I found there was too much earthy tones to the image. Balanced colors and the addition of extra objects ties it together better, I believe. This one is marked complete.

Name:	Underground Gambling Hall.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	34379  
    Cheers, Julien

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yep, much better.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

I approved of the map you made for me and you've done some excellent work here. I quite like the style change and adding some little details onto the map as well.

Had a battlemap that didn't fit well with an idea I was hatching in my mind, so I scrapped it. Throwing it here for anyone's use or critique.

Name:	A1. - Gardener's Grotto (Trial of Knowledge) - Map.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	40988  
    Cheers, Julien

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123