Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Battlemaps

Default Random Battlemaps

So I decided to just to fool around in GIMP making a battlemap trying things out and practicing some concepts and I came up with this. Thinking of creating a thread that I dump random battlemaps into as a I make as distractions or for fun as I work on them. I have to admit this one is looking ridiculously good. I'm gonna have a hard time topping it. Frozen Elemental Mote in the Elemental Chaos for D&D 4e, the well on the north of the map is the portal in to the cave, it's a one way street until the encounter is over. Middle of larger areas is more icy then the snow on the edges which make it slippy terrain. Moving more then 3 squares or 15 feet forces an acrobatics check fail and go prone. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frozen Elemental Mote In Elemental Chaos.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	30051  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

After fooling around and making some adjustments I got this result, I think this one is done. As I've said this is inside a frozen elemental mote in the Elemental Chaos for D&D 4e. One version has bones frozen bellow the surface other does not. Gonna keep working and testing things out over time with battlemaps. I'll post them in the finished maps section after I get a dozen or so as a map pack or something. Let me know what you think.

Name:	Frozen Elemental Mote In Elemental Chaos (Without Bones).jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	30073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frozen Elemental Mote In Elemental Chaos (With Bones).jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	30074  
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

More battlemaps, yay!
    And of course I'm going with the frozen bones version.
    Can we have some frozen orcs version's pretty please?

I didn't know orcs found their way into the Elemental Chaos and frozen within a mote. But if you find me some detailed enough png's with orc bodies or laying down or something like that with no background I can easily do it for you.
    Last edited by geamon; 10-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    I didn't know orcs found their way into the Elemental Chaos and frozen within a mote. But if you find me some detailed enough png's with orc bodies or laying down or something like that with no background I can easily do it for you.
    You'd be surprised where Orc's show up... great job !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

If I ever find some you can be sure that they will meet their destiny

Threw this together today, on in off for the last 5 hrs. Need to make mummified bodies for the shelves then I'm done this one. Can definitely see huge improvement from my first terribad maps. I've been fooling around a lot on layer modes. I love overlay. Let me know if there is anything I can improve on.

Name:	Family Burial Crypt.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	30085  
    Cheers, Julien

So I think this one is done as well. Again anything wrong/missing let me know. Included the objects I created for the mummified remains in .png's in a .zip one is modded and other three I made. This is a "Family Burial Crypt" like all my maps I make for 4e but this one is easily usable in other RPG's or editions. Enjoy!

Views:	1456 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	30092  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by geamon; 10-11-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Threw this together for you Avengeil. If it not what you're looking for I can toss you my .xcf and all you would need to do is add the objects of the orcs on a simple white layer and set it's transparency to 50% and mode to overlay. Let me know.

Name:	Frozen Elemental Mote In Elemental Chaos (With Monsters).jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	30118  
    Cheers, Julien

Here's the final version of the Family Crypt. Added webbing to some of the bodies and deconstructed some to add diversity. Also added braziers which I cheaped out and didn't do myself. Enjoy!

Views:	6825 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	30158  
    Last edited by geamon; 10-13-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast