Thread: Northern reaches of Ewlah

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Map Northern reaches of Ewlah

Hi, folks.

My constructed world is called Kalieda - it's existed for over three decades in my head. The world has 3 continents, only one of which (Ewlah) is currently inhabited. The continent stretches from 50degN to 10degS and is surrounded by ocean on all sides. Oceanic plates are pressing in on it from the north, east and west, and there is a fair amount of mountain building and volcanic activity going on.

Kalieda is not one of those planets you can just land on and start farming - soil has to be "brewed" before it will support terrestrial life. This limits the various settlements and plantations. Also, the planetary system has recently entered a dust cloud, triggering climate change.

Anyways, the map: I drew this using the Gimp. I first made a greyscale digital elevation map of the continent, then did Gimpstuff to get the mountains, then added colours, rivers, borders, labels, etc. I've uploaded a sample of the map for comments - the whole map is over the filesize limit for uploading!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ewlah-example.png 
Views:	2178 
Size:	580.6 KB 
ID:	1769