Thread: Tenara

Wip Tenara

When I first saw a2area's map of Torentine I was stunned and couldn't get the idea out of my head to create a map of my little fantasy world that would look as great as Torentine - I expected it to be a lot of work but I still underestimated it. Also I'm not nearly half way there. The little sketch I had been using for making up stories soon didn't fit anymore and Tenara now has a whole different coastline.
    I'm still not satisfied with the look of the mountains, and of course there are hardly any details yet, and I still have to make up a lot of names, but I decided to post it anyway because maybe some of you have some tipps as to how to make it better!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TenaraWIP.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	902.3 KB 
ID:	30069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TenaraSketch.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	872.7 KB 
ID:	30070  

Looks great Although the mountains is a bit hard to notice, and I have to admit that I think the original map fit better for a fantasy novel

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks good although the "river police" might have a word with you about the southern lake and it's rivers.. Personally I'd agree with Marken4 and say the sketch was lovely.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

As it's not medieval fantasy but rather some alternate universe I thought the fantasy style map didn't really fit. There'll be streets and railways in there (hopefully) soon as well as airports.
    Please elaborate about the rivers!