Thread: Plumton by Crayons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Plumton by Crayons

Seems I accidently deleted this thread.........GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A New Featured Map by Crayons! The Wonderful City of Plumton!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayons
    It's time to put this baby to bed. Thanks to everyone who has been so encouraging in the WIP thread ! On a project this intensive it was a real boost to my incentive to carry on through the boring bits! For those who haven't already seen this along the way, it started as a "doodle" and I've tried to keep it (and the orthagonal view) that way all along.
    It was done with a Wacom Bamboo and Paintshop Pro X and is my first attempt at working in this style so I kept the brush very simple - a 2x2 pixel, hard, "nib" going to 1 pixel at need.
    I'm calling it finished simply because I haven't thought of anything I want to add for a several days. I've added all the stuff I had left on my shortlist and "cleaned" up the text (and grammar I hope). I know there's a lot of whitespace but I like that, and I think it needs it to keep it "light"

cheers!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plumton 101008.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	109548

Created in: Created in: Software used
    Review: This was a spectacular map made by Crayons that initially started as a project for him become re-acquainted with his WACOM TABLET. As a result, over a period of One Month Crayons has created a spectacular isometric map that is chocked full of little interesting bits of humor and hidden treasures that simply compels the viewer to spend many enjoyable hours simply looking at this map and trying and find them all the different goings on about the much like Martin Handford's WHERE'S WALLY? children's picture books. Some of the things Crayons has hinted at to be found in the picture are:

Sleeping guard
    Famous bugs
    Smugglers
    Horse "play"
    Mad monk

And many others (perhaps Crayons will one day give us a Full List and Answer key too )

The Original Finished Map Thread can be found here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...s-A-bit-of-fun

And the WIP Thread may be found here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...town-of-Prunes
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-17-2018 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Fixed image attachment
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave