Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phalanx Coast Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Phalanx Coast Map

I created this map recently, as a more detailed close up of the coastal area on the west edge of a world map I posted a while back. Elements of the original (texture treatments, borders, and feature brushes for mountains and such) were reused here, with some added detail. Like the previous map, the text is hand written, but I've chosen to abandon the more stylish script style writing in favor of a more legible printed style. Honestly, I'm not entirely satisfied with either solution I think.

Comments and criticism always welcome.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

beautiful job. I can't decide which of the texts is better, but I am leaning towards this one, due to legibility.

The style is wonderful. Beautiful lettering. Only suggestion: I would remove some trees behind "New Silverheim" to make it better readable.

Have some welldeserved rep from me!

Q

I really like the feel of this map. I'm not sure about the other writing but I always appreciate someone's handwritten letters when they are legible. Nice work here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks guys! And Quabbe, you're absolutely right. Woodsmen have been dispatched to deal with the issue...

Great map. I really like the feeling in it. Makes me want to visit the place in a game or book :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Blog Entries

Lovely clean map. As to the lettering, I need to check out the other one but I'm not too keen on the lettering here. Looks a little too much like Comic sans for comfort. Even though it's actually nothing like it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

The map looks great and the style is really nice. The text don't fit. Too bad really, but I can live with it, tho.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done, not a big fan of the lettering/font, but that's more personal preference than anything - the lettering is very readable.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast