Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Winding Warrens

If you would allow me to do so... I would love to take a crack at coloring this for you!

I'm new to digital art, and am in need of training projects to get better.

I would just do it, but as one artist to another, thats not very nice conduct at all.

Kagehito - Have at it. I'd love to see what you do with it.

Alright!

I have a gaming session i'm about to head off to for right now, buty i should have something to show at the end of tomorrow!

Thanks for the support and letting me have a crack at it.

Ok so i finished 2 steps so far...

Step one was seperating the background, grid, and outline into different layers.

The fact that this was made in paint actually made it much more easy then some of the scans i've tried.

Step 2, adding textures. I used my "Splat Texture" technique that i've been workingo n. it's a little tedious, but it makes the texture not so even, so its seems a little more natural. I took a big black page and made a hugh texture base, then pulled parts from it with the stamp tool, then spread it around from there.

Now on to shading...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windingwarrens.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	789.2 KB 
ID:	2692  
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

ok so the shading is done, and other then furnishing the place, i think this is about as done as it'll get from me!

Tell me what you think, and thanks again for letting me borrow your work!

Just to let you know, I selected the interior of the caves, then "chopped away" what i wanted to be shaded. Then inverse select, to actually grab that area, converted it to a path, and filled the path with solid black, with some transparency for the "Gloom effect" with shading. Note I ment to have the background brighter, because i was planning on doing this from the get go, so the end result turned out pretty much exactly how i wanted it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windingwarrensshadded.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	2694  
    Last edited by Kagehito; 03-10-2008 at 10:17 PM.
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Kagehito - Nice. I like it a lot.

It's amazing to me how the coloring changes the look of the map to me, as if the location actually changed (which, obviously, it didn't).

Nice work, Kagehito!

I love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12