Thread: Looking for an old map

Default Looking for an old map

Some time ago, I found a really cool map on here and was recently telling a friend about it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate it. I was hoping that someone might recognize the description and know who the artist is or maybe even provide a link.

It is an iso view, cutaway of a hideaway built into a cliff. There were a handful of natural or rough-cut rooms, passages, and stairs. One feature that stood out was an underground river that ran through part of the area and fell through a hole in the floor which gathered into a pool at the base of the cliff and then ran off out of view. A lift was built around the hole where the water fell through in order to bring supplies up from the lower area.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?
    ________
    volcano vaporizers
    Last edited by OldGuy; 02-09-2011 at 01:40 AM.

I believe if you look at the work of DevinNight you will find it. If not him it sounds a bit like a piece done by dj as well. Torstan did an underground iso lair but I don't recall the river.

Hah, found it and I was right! The-Dwarven-Highway by DevinNight
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-09-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I believe if you look at the work of DevinNight you will find it. If not him it sounds a bit like a piece done by dj as well. Torstan did an underground iso lair but I don't recall the river.

Hah, found it and I was right! The-Dwarven-Highway by DevinNight
    Very interesting and quite similar but not the one I was looking for. It's hard to describe the differences but I'll look at the artists you mentioned. thanks for the lead!

After finding this, I think the artist I'm looking for may be Djekspek but so far I haven't found the map I was looking for. I have, however, discovered lots of new adjectives for describing the advanced search feature.
    ________
    first-generation ford taurus history

Found it!

The map I was looking for turned out to be Torstan's Bandit's Lair.
    ________
    bmw r69

That was the one I was talking about. All three of them have done awesome iso maps of underground areas. Feels good at my age to remember stuff, LOL
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt