Thread: City of Lethos and surrounding area...

Default City of Lethos and surrounding area...

This is my first attempt at a City/Town map of any sorts. It's for the beginning and later stages of a planned RP involving warring Pantheons, magic, and alternate dimensions created by the aforementioned warring Pantheons.

So, here I have made the main portion of the city inside the walls. There's due to be a few farm buildings on the left hand side along with some fields. The bottom part is going to be mostly dense forest, with a small break in the bottom left hand corner for some rocky slopes. Not to sure how to do the forest though...looking through tutorials and trying different things at the moment...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lethos.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	30162  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good start. Looking forward to watching this develop
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

And this is all for today. Will work on it more tomorrow between classes.

I'm happy with how the forests turned out. Not so certain about the rocky area. May change that and adjust the fields a bit.

Name:	lethos.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	30163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lethos2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	30164  

The environment look nice The Rockarea too btw. I would turn down the opacity on fields, walls, city to make them blend more with the surrrounding..

Looks really good! I would kill the texture used for the road and just make it a dusty color. Also, the rocky area looks like a swampy mud pit to me; just saying -- not knocking it. I would leave it like that and have mud monsters and stuff come from there! XD

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Coming along nicely... do you plan on leaving the water green?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

And I am now forced to redo everything outside the city walls due to an unforeseeable error. My computer decided to die just after I logged off yesterday, losing not just this file but also my Art History notes and some RP related spreadsheets. Thankfully I had an earlier version of this map on a flash drive. Not so lucky with the other stuff, though.

Back, waiting in terror as my Drawing 1 Midterm is being graded.

As mentioned above, I had to redo everything outside the city walls because my computer decided to be evil. I'm thinking I may have liked the water better as a greenish color though...

Trying to decide what to do about the coast and the map borders. Also looking up some fonts for labeling (any recommendations would be awesome).

Name:	lethos3.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	30169