Thread: Comprehensive rewrite of how-to

Wip Comprehensive rewrite of how-to

OK after RobA post I think is good to rewrite this initial post to don't confuse more people. I will produce my map and document all my steps which I done. I removed file which I attached first as I was requested. I hope that I will attach rewritten first part this week.

P4l1n0
    Last edited by P4l1n0; 10-18-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: file removed until will be rewritten

No text at all for me after 2 Let's Begin (if I have an idea)

@Marken4: It's a WIP.

@P4l1n0: My suggestion and I don't know if you did this. Asking before beginning prevents any issues really. I dunno how RobA feels about this so I'll wait for him to answer since it's his work.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

OK it is true that is not really nice, how I put it here. I will do it another way. I will be inspired by RobA work, but I will document all steps which I will do during my work. I will put author's name of mention technique as source. This way I hope it will be more acceptable. I will also change name of topic if it will be possible to dont have misleading topic name.

P4l1n0-

If you wish to write your own tutorial that combines and extends on various techniques you have read here please go ahead and do it, as I am sure others would find it valuable.

What you are presenting so far however is simple plagiarism. You have copied my section headings, the majority of my content, used my images, and kept the title.

While I beleive your intent is noble (to provide help to other in using this tutorial with newer version of Gimp and incorporating additional techniques), I don't feel I can "bless" your efforts as they are presented in the attached pdf, sorry, and am asking you nicely to remove it.

I'm not angry - indeed I am somewhat flattered that you find my efforts valuable enough to try and improve on them. But the effort to write, rewrite, proof and edit such a large tutorial was not insignificant, and what you have done takes that effort from me. I never released the tutorial under any CC or public domain license, so the content remains legally mine and is protected by copyright, even if it is posted here in a public forum.

Hopefully you can find a different way to accomplish what you want to do.

-Rob A>