Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political map of Adnen

Map Political map of Adnen

Hi!

Ok, first time I'm showing my stuff here...

This is a map showing the national boundaries of my conworld c. 107 A.E, according to the records of the Nęke Royal Library.

Political map of Adnen

First of all, let me apologize for there are no labels; my bad, my bad.

The map was made using Photoshop CS and a mouse; everything was done from scratch.

This map serves for my current project: to create an historical atlas, a la Colin McEvedy, of my conworld Adnen. I have to admit that I'm old fashioned in the way I work, i.e I have to draw by hand on prinouts I make, like this:

year 1 of the Aldivas migrations

year 11 of the Aldivas migrations

year 28 of the Aldivas migrations

(These three are just examples of how I make progress. When I'm done I'm planning to first, vectorize my main map and second, do the historical atlas in the computer)

So what do you guys think?

Your political boundary map looked very, very sharp Krinnen--almost like it was out of a Rand McNally Atlas (I'm also reminded of the incredible maps at sorol.wikispaces.com--you may want to contact that fellow to share notes and get info on how to further refine your already great maps).

Have you done a base map without the political boundaries? That type of map and a topographical map would really add a nice polish to your atlas.

Regardless, welcome aboard the Guild and good mapping.

In your political map, there are some rather "interesting" river tracks. In particular the one in the center. What is making the river form that "rectangular" shape?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    In your political map, there are some rather "interesting" river tracks. In particular the one in the center. What is making the river form that "rectangular" shape?
    Hmmm. I can't see that
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Hmmm. I can't see that
    I guess they are more triangular than rectangle, I've highlighted the specific areas to make it easy to identify.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapamundo-completo.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	1783  
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I guess they are more triangular than rectangle, I've highlighted the specific areas to make it easy to identify.
    Ahhh, that area. I figuered mor of a Highland Lake with a large island in the cntre feading lots of other rivers.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    Your political boundary map looked very, very sharp Krinnen--almost like it was out of a Rand McNally Atlas (I'm also reminded of the incredible maps at sorol.wikispaces.com--you may want to contact that fellow to share notes and get info on how to further refine your already great maps).
    The owner of that site and creator of those maps is HandsomeRob, the one who mentioned this site, and the reason why I'm here

Have you done a base map without the political boundaries? That type of map and a topographical map would really add a nice polish to your atlas.
    Yes sir!! That map is drawn on top of this:

However, today I did a second version of it, following Rik's tutorial.

Regardless, welcome aboard the Guild and good mapping.
    Thank you!!!

Ah, those... The one in the top-left corner is a lake; the other is a strange fork I had to make because I couldn't decide between putting a port or a cascade there, so decided to put the two. Don't know how plausible it is, really, but I believe someone, somewhere, could find a resonable explanation

Quote Originally Posted by krinnen View Post
    Ah, those... The one in the top-left corner is a lake; the other is a strange fork I had to make because I couldn't decide between putting a port or a cascade there, so decided to put the two. Don't know how plausible it is, really, but I believe someone, somewhere, could find a resonable explanation
    I think I'm going to have to have RobA come and talk to you.

Professional Artist

You're okay with the triangular inland-river delta, krinnen. Check out the Nile River (Bahr al Jabal) between Malakal and Bentiu, Sudan:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudan_rel00.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	1841  

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRob View Post
    You're okay with the triangular inland-river delta, krinnen. Check out the Nile River (Bahr al Jabal) between Malakal and Bentiu, Sudan:
    You need to remember that the Nile flows NORTH, Bahr al Jabal is flowing north into the White Nile.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast