Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (CWBP) Village of Hania #2

Don't worry man. I'd change my name on this forum as well. Originally made it as a placeholder just so I can access stuff. Should have just made a new one when I actually started to contribute.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Okay. This is getting there. The farmland's a little hinkey. Still need to number the town features...this is just a test to see if I like the legend and map title. Still no scale or rose. C&C welcomed.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hania.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	839.5 KB 
ID:	30194  

I'm especially liking those fields. The logical bit of my brain always wonders why roads create "islands" by splitting when both paths go to the same place? Minor thing really, some Desire Lines do that I guess.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons View Post
    I'm especially liking those fields. The logical bit of my brain always wonders why roads create "islands" by splitting when both paths go to the same place? Minor thing really, some Desire Lines do that I guess.
    Well I imagine you would only do that if each path had something to get to along the way.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Or maybe there's a big rock and they went around both sides of it *shrugs*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Actually, yeah, I think they need to split and rejoin for a specific reason as well. It was my intention to put farms in between the splits. I'm still working on that.
    M

Okay. I think I'm going to call this done. Not much more I can do with it. IG, hope your guys like it...it's not quite the in-game handout I had in mind but I think it turned out pretty well. If you want the PS file (so you can rename stuff or whatever) let me know and I'll get it to you. This is actually only 75% because 100% was too big for the board's attachment system.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hania.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	30201  

Wowzers! That's awesome! Wish I could do stuff like that.

What font did you use for that? Have a link?

Thanks! I expect you're fully capable of making a map like this. One year ago I would have thought it beyond my abilities too. Lots of easy tricks picked up on here lead to some pretty amazing results.

The town name is Trajan Pro (one of my favorites). The other labels are Blackadder ITC. I'm honestly not sure where they came from but I'm going to guess they came with Photoshop CS4? I haven't installed many other fonts on my PC so they're came with Windows (7) or CS4. Sorry I can't be more help on them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I believe you can get both of those fonts at dafont.com
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12