Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (CWBP) Village of Hania #2

Wip (CWBP) Village of Hania #2

Well, jtougas beat me to it but here's my WiP thread for Hania. Starting with a random map output by RPG Citymap Generator. We'll see where it goes. Maybe it's too big for a village?
    M

Edit: jtougas makes a good point on his thread. IG mentions that this map is a handout for the players. There's probably no aerial surveillance photography going on in the Witchlight Strand so maybe I'll pass on doing this in my recent favorite "photographic/textured" style in favor of something more achievable with ink on parchment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hania.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	30177  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-14-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like it. I tried the generator as well but I can never seem to get it to come out right..I think I might have a redo of mine now..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I got lucky. A lot of time it generates junk.

On this one I flipped the output vertically and rotated it 45 degrees or so CCW to get it all in the right place. I usually move things around a bit to suit. The real trick, IMHO, to using this thing is to use Select-Color Range on the output image for each of the components and then make that a separate filled layer. That gives you base layers to work with for your map. I'm considering a hand-drawn map, though, so that may not matter here.
    M

Next step...playing with style a little bit. I like where this is going. The trees are the borked output from the generator and will be redone. The river, too, will get reshaped somewhat...it's just a line right now. Trying for something that's not necessarily hand-drawn but that doesn't look like it was taken from geosynchronous orbit by high-quality optics.
    M

Edit: Yes. I will hit at fields and such. Just getting the basics down first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hania.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	803.9 KB 
ID:	30179  

Very nice, Mearrin!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking good so far.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Looking good. I dunno but do those trees look like drops of molten metal or something that cooled or solidified?
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Yar. The trees are funky, mainly because they're just the circles output by the generator. I'm going to create some more natural looking shapes and will refine them to look a little better once that's done.
    M

Looks nice, mearrin (Why did you add 69 btw? Hehehe...), you should probably indeed change the trees, yes Now they look more like.. Hundreds of random towers?

First initial, middle initial, first five letters of last name. UNIX login circa 1989. Added 69 (birth year) because Yahoo said mearrin was taken...if you can believe that (and this was *early* in the history of the Intarwebz.) Yeah. Most people assume it's supposed to be vulgar. Didn't even occur to me at the time.
    M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast