Thread: Mountain Pass

Default Mountain Pass

Threw together a mountain pass VTT map for my group and thought I'd share. Thanks!

Destan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012 MAP - MOUNTAIN PASS.jpg 
Views:	1318 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	30180  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks good, only little nit-pick is that the ground texture looks pixellated/blocky when you zoom in to full size,
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very impressive! I can almost hear sandlions burrowing out of the map

That there rope bridge needs a drop shadow between the rocks!

Nice map.Repped.

Thanks guys. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know how to do a drop shadow, nor how to fix the pixellation. I'm a Paint Shop Pro guy, because I don't have Photoshop, so many of the tutorials don't apply in my case. Ergo, my "shadows" just end up with me using a black marker with high transparency.

Edit: It goes without saying, I hope, but I'm open to any and all advice, tips, hints, or suggestions! I'm sorta learning on my own as I click different buttons in PSP.

Edit #2: Hooray! Now that I learned the term "drop shadow" I was able to find it in PSP and apply it. Thank you Reckless.
    Last edited by Destan; 10-15-2010 at 10:11 AM.

I suggest you try out GIMP, free just as powerful as Photoshop for the most part and we have tons of tutorials. Up to you though.

Edit: After looking through it, things that I see that can be improved are the grid can be more defined or less patchy like hash marks. Using layers more effectively you can cut out some of the grid being over rock edges which helps in providing the illusion of depth. The reason you're ground is pixelated, I'm thinking that the resolution of the texture is higher then that of the image you created, therefore you can re size the texture or change the scale with the image(Not sure if Paintshop Pro has this feature). You can even add drop shadows to the rock faces as well to enhance further that illusion of depth.

All in all pretty good work for first time. Better then mine.
    Last edited by geamon; 10-15-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

That's a pretty cool map. Makes me want to torture my players with some Reflex saves during combat! Have some rep for it.
    M

Magnifica!
    Looks like a very sophisticated way to make my players life very hard. Loving it. Bravissimo.