Thread: Happy Birthday List

Default Happy Birthday List

That's a lot of people today. I'm assuming this is all the spammers accounts you guys catch but aren't deleted?
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Wow. Happy b1r7hd4y!1!11!
    M

"Forum spammers. We don't need their scum." (interestingly, nobody seems to agree whether it's "their" or "that". I heard "their" but it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's a Britishism?)

Both work I'm thinking it depends under what kinda context you want to describe it. It's either "their" as in they produce the scum or "that" scum meaning they themselves are the scum. Gotta love language disputes. Haha
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

He's quoting The Empire Strikes Back. I didn't know there was a controversy over that line. I've always heard "their," too, but I never noticed that it wasn't grammatically correct.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Interesting. Something about the delivery of that line made me mentally add "kind of" in there. "...their kind of scum." I wonder if it's just me?
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

I didn't know there was controversy either until I searched to make sure I remembered Adm. Piett's quote correctly. I heard "their" and it always sounded a little weird to me (which is why I checked) but I don't know if it's right or not...or really care I guess. Also, I didn't mean to imply that there's an actual fight going on, just that my search seemed to turn up both versions pretty equally.
    M

So no fight? Boring!!!
    Anyway, it's not a "Britishism" that I'm aware of, and I pretty much speak Received Pronunciation and Home Counties English - aka BBC English, etc.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)