Thread: Morrwar city battlemap

Default Morrwar city battlemap

Aaand, back again. Didn't get a lot of response to a small portion of the map I posted in tabletop mapping, so I didn't continue posting my progress there, and part of me worried the players (I'm going to use this in a D&D Play-by-post game) would see this before I was done.

I was going to add a lot more detail, but photoshop was struggling as it was when I was adding the trees and shrubs, so I decided to scrap that idea. I'm still not happy with some parts of the city (landschape outside the walls, the temple area and the slums, mostly), but I wanted this map finished before I had to use it, of course. I might add details later on anyway when the players re-enter the city, but that I'll leave for later..

The city of Morrwar has recently been overrun by Orcs (the players helped a nobleman escape from the city while this occured), and the status of the populace is of yet unknown. Hopes are that the clerics, the mages and the King have managed to protect themselves from the slaughter. The players will soon find out if they have...

Note, the image is reduced to 25% of it's size, I still need somewhere to upload the full image. The other image I added is zoomed in to 100% and has some details added. The image of the docks is not fully compatible with the full city image, since I had to change some stuff later on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	citymap.jpg 
Views:	624 
Size:	841.0 KB 
ID:	30197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Docks.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	30198
    Doodle it.

If this was done in GIMP, when saving a jpeg it allows you to set the quality of the saved file. If you kick it down to 90 or even 80 in the quality it makes a big difference in the file size. Just make sure that it's below 5 megs.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Nice map.Some suggestions on the city map though.First I would remove the shadow(or bevel, I'm not quite sure) that you've putt on the lake cause at the moment it makes it seem like it's floating.Secondly, what are those darker looking house-blocks that seem like mazes supposed to be and thirdly if you ever have the time I'd propose varying the roof textures a bit to make the city seem a bit more realistic.

Edit: Oh geamon you little pillow-man ninja

Owned.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great work - I'm with Avengeil on the lake shadows, and the texturing of the roofs. If you wan't to add more detail you could flatten your image to one layer (save first), and then add more features afterwards and save this is a new file
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise