Thread: Helix's Private Lab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Helix's Private Lab

This is for a Transformers Campaign set at the beginning of the War. One of the party's options is to explore the private laboratory once belonging to a very unethical scientist named Helix in order to retrieve information on his experiments, which someone else is willing to pay quite a lot of money for.

So I wanted a look that was vaguely blueprint-like...but not entirely because I wanted to have the major equipment/furniture in there as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helixprivatelabs copy.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	30210  

Great 'blueprint' feel, middernacht. I've always been confused about the convention on stairs that you're using (light to dark). In your map where there are only two levels it's pretty self explanatory (light represents the level you're on and dark the next level (whether up or down)), but I've also seen it used where light represents the 'up' end of the stair and dark the 'down' end. If you were using that convention then the shadow on the basement stair should be reversed. I really don't know what the convention is....I might put a post up about it.

Eh, I added the gradient in because it kind of looked a bit bland without it. Was never entirely sure about portraying stairs in any kind of map. I tend to put arrows in my hand drawn ones, but this one looked funny with arrows so I left them out.