Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need one overworld map - nothing big really.

Help I need one overworld map - nothing big really.

Hey, I am making a mod for the game Dragon Age: Origins and thus I need a map. I have sketched out how I want it to be, so II need you to just make a map based on that. I have not looked futher into your community and don't know whether you'll do this as a kind favor or for hard cash - I can afford a reasonable price.

This is the horribly made sketch, I hope you can make something out of it.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4076848/mapideaa.png

Thanks in advance.

(for those of you who aren't familiar with Dragon Age, this is the map: http://www.ramblingsofagamer.com/wp-...ap_Colored.jpg, but make the map I want a tad greener)

I could probably help out. My usual style is different to your sample (check the albums in my profile). If you would rather wait and see if someone who has done some work more similar to your sample I won't be offended.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

I like the grass and river on this one of yours:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=28882

It's a tad too green however, and I would like no houses, but trees in the forest areas (see my horrble sketch). But it's not a small place, so try to make the forests a bit dense, and the parts I've marked as dense forests, should be covered entirly by treetops. And since it's more of a small country - I would like the roads to be smaller.

But if it's possibly, you can give it a shot to make it like the sample, but a tad greener. Don't have to be spot on, but slightly similiar.

And do you have a way to convert to .dds? If so, give me a .dds version too, for the game supports that format for maps - when you have agreed to start orking on it though.

Thank you for your offer and I'll be happy to see what you can do.
    Last edited by GisleAune; 10-18-2010 at 07:16 AM.

I'm also interested in this. Feel free to take a glance at my albums and my burgeoning style experiments thread to get an impression of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    I'm also interested in this. Feel free to take a glance at my albums and my burgeoning style experiments thread to get an impression of my work.
    Whoa, this map: http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=26439 is really awesome. I would be glad if you could make a map like that one that fits the bordering and roads in my sketch - so are you doing this for free? If there is a need for payment, tell me futher.

I would have loved to do this.. But look like someone got here quicker than me..

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    Can you make a map close to the Dragon Age map (see first post) with the roads and other things from my sketch? Do you do this for free or paid?

RecklessEnthusiasm, if you could make the map similiar to the Dragon Age map (see first post), but slightly greener with the roads and other things from my sketch, please do. Do you do it for free or paid?

GisleAune - As a rule, I only have time for paid commissions: If you post a couple more times, you can send me a PM and we can discuss details or you can e-mail me at JoshuaBennett <dot> hk <at> Gmail <dot> com.

I have sent an email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast