Thread: Lost in Civ5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Default Lost in Civ5

When I came back from Cancun 2 weeks ago I went and got Civ 5 and have been there ever since. This explains why I haven't been around much. I apologize for the absence and I know you've all been broken-hearted by my disappearance Heh heh. I've played about a dozen games and nearly got it mastered and when I do I'll be back to my normal everyday drive-bys. The terrains are gorgeous but the leaderheads are just kinda, meh. I almost got bored with it today so I tried Civ 4 and quit after 10 minutes and went back to Civ 5. The Fall from Heaven (mod for Civ 4) dudes have stopped working on their own stand-alone game (it got canceled halfway through) so maybe they will make a mod for Civ 5 and if they do I'll probably be gone again. But at least I finally got caught up on all of the posts from the past 2 weeks.

~A~
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Don't feel too bad Ascension. I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm just barely starting to get some down time from work as Summer comes towards it's end and in a moment of thoughtlessness towards my map making I bought DragonAge. Now I'm trying to hurry up and finish it so I can get back to drawing. It is good to take a break every now and then though. At least for me it is.

Oh, and I still should have a map ready for the NY Challenge. I would post it in the WIPs but there isn't much to show yet. It's just slow going as I work out how best to display my information. Anyway, I think I'll go play some more since I finally caught up on my personal yard work this afternoon.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Of course we missed you...but at least you had a good reason. I'm with both of you guys. The last few weeks have been crazy for me too. I've barely able to check in to see what's going on over here (new puppy, busy work, in-laws visiting, sick, yadda). Wish I had a new game that would keep my interest...I haven't found one lately I even want to play, let alone play to the exclusion of anything else remotely more interesting. I think I'm finally growing out of games. Or maybe they just aren't making games for me anymore.
    M

Haha I know the feeling. I bunny hop from game to game. At the moment stuck on the Ultima 6 remake for the Dungeon Siege Engine. It's been keeping me away from finishing my new york challenge map.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

I was quite addicted to Civ 3 for a time but found that I couldn't get on with Civ 4 as much. I think it was the twin blow that the game was harder to win and even worse, there was no Baba Yetu at the start. Or have I got that wrong and Baba Yetu was on four until I added the expansion packs which changed the tune and ramped up the difficulty quite a lot? Hmm... whatever it was, I've been in two minds whether to download the new one from Steam or not. Judging by how you are so addicted to it I would guess it would be wise for me NOT to get it until I have completed the maps I am working on. Hehe.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

LOL I've been splitting my time between Civ V, SC2 and my weekly DnD game so I haven't had much time to create new maps either. I'm eagerly awaiting the upcoming Civ V patch, although I haven't been as plagued by as many bugs as my friend. My opinion of Civ V hasn't been fully formed yet...I miss the large armies in Civ IV.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I so understand, been way to busy lately to swing by - I'm almost ready to launch www.easytruckit.com (truck administration system - not map related) and that has taken quite a toll. The only game I play at the moment is Airline Manager on facebook (if anyone plays my company is Airhopper Airlines - feel free to buy my stock ) ... its rather simple but ok fun and about all that I have time for. I've been tempted to buy Civ5 for the missus (and me) but actually held back cause I haven't got the time for really playing *sigh* I hope to get mapping some more soon - I have however put up a little proposal in the NY thread.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise