Thread: WIP - Gorge of the Robber Barons

Default WIP - Gorge of the Robber Barons

So I've been seeing a lot of old school blue maps recently. These have got me inspired to try out floor and building design for a map. I'm going to be taking my ideas for design from Helm's Deep from LoTR (Not the movie rendition, read that chapter today) and Turgenev's Castle in Old School Blue. Unsure if I should do it in the old RPG blueprint style, textured and rich in color or something entirely different. Hope you guys enjoy the idea and where this goes from this point forward.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Looking forward to it. I like old-school-blue but modern styles are great too!
    M

Decided on doing both in old-school blue and modern style. After playing around with the design I'm going to have a total of two floors and a roof map. Meaning a total of six maps in two styles.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Update #1: Here's what I got so far, outlines of elevations, river, roads and the keep. Basically it's cliffs to the north and south with steep walls and a ravine in the middle that follows the river with a much less steep elevation gradient. The road on the west is higher then that on the east, meaning each enter on a different level. The choice of colors are far from being permanent, just there to show the elevation contours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gorge of the Robber Barons (Old-School Blue2).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	30233  
    Last edited by geamon; 10-18-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Gonna put this on hold because the lite challenge is so similiar.
    Cheers, Julien