Thread: Map Request

Help Map Request

First of all... hello everybody!

I'm kinda new around here, I've been lurking in the shadows reading tutorials and practising but my photoshop skillz are not as good as I was hoping.

I made a atlas map following a tutorial made by Ascension but it got kinda crappy in my opinion. (Map Attached)

Characteristics:

• The world is supposed to be the size of Mars
    • Skyguard is supposed to be a giant mountain as high as Mount Everest with my current skills in can't make it look high enough.
    • Those green things in the desert... that was me trying to draw fertile zones near the lakes and the rivers... meh.
    • Noxia is supposed to be a city built in hills made out of obsidian.
    • The southern region of Hemera is supposed to be replete with fields of wheat, so I guess it can appear a little more yellowish, don't know if that is perceptible with this scale.
    • Danzuu could use some higher mountains maybe with snowy peaks. And a volcano in that large island to the left of Danzuu.
    • The Imperial Reaches, Thalassia, and Arcadia are supposed to be tropical islands.

If anyone wants the .psd or any more info, just ask.

Thanks.

~ d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ysada.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	30238  

Your land looks god to me--maybe the texture is a bit too prominent though. I'm not sure I understand the bevel on the water. I'm in love with the font you've used. What is it, if you don't mind sharing?

Ringbearer

I saw it on a fantasy map on deviantart and I liked it - cheers to that dude (I don't recall his name) - it was in the description of that map that I found out about this site. ^^

EDIT: Found it.
    Last edited by dormes; 10-18-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Ahh.. I knew I recognized it from somewhere. Thanks for the link.

FYI, you should throw your map into a WIP forum and continue working on it there. This particular forum is more for people looking for other people to do their maps for them.

Good luck!

-IG