Thread: [Withdrawn] September-October Challenge: Cocktails of New York

Default [Withdrawn] September-October Challenge: Cocktails of New York

New York is the place where the Cocktail sort of got it's revival and there are a lot of drinks named after the places of New York. 'Long Island Ice Tea' for instance.
    Anyway, my thought was to place the drinks down on the map using Swizzle sticks as markers along with a run down of the main ingredients in each drink. Most of the drink information has been gathered from numerous websites on the net. I don't get into how to mix them as that is another art form altogether.

If nothing else, the gallery might be able to make a few more sales if they have a bar inside

Honestly, if I had done less thinking and more drawing I could have made more maps. I just had a hard time getting anything done this round. In view of the approaching deadline and an evil thought in the back of my mind that I might bail out, I figured I needed to post a WIP. I just need a few kicks in the tail to get this done. I guess my regular work which goes absolutely nuts in the Summer has just drained me. I need a vacation.

Oh well, I'm totally open to your thoughts and everything is open to being changed. I've struggled with how to show the drink information and I hope the Swizzles will work. I have about 20 drinks or so to show. If I do too many the whole thing will look more like a Porcupine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NY Cocktails.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	30240  
    Last edited by torstan; 11-01-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great idea.. I'd raise the flag upright though
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I started with it going upright but then figured I wouldn't have room enough for all the others. So are you thinking it would be better to have all the Swizzle Sticks going up and down instead of at angles? I'm sure it would be easier to read if I can fit them.

I have to fit several into the Island - New York Lemonade, New Yorker, New York Cocktail, New York Sour, the Manhattan, Cosmopolitan, Harlem Cocktail, Harlem Nights. I think that's it for the Island, I can probably dig up more but at the moment there are the most drinks named after those areas.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you could also paint each drink (place it as a glass) and then tle recipes could stand against the glass
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Alright, clearly this isn't getting done so I guess this is a pull
    Hopefully I can get around to it at some point and get all the drinks I have a list of. I'm still not totally happy with how it's looking so I may revamp it or just go with another map. Either way, this is not finished.

Sorry folks, too RL mud and not enough inspiration. On the bright side, my summer is finally over and I should be able to get back to enjoying life