Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP - A New Map

Wip WIP - A New Map

This is what I have so far of a new map I started working on a little while ago.
    Much thanks to this tutorial http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...using-the-Gimp for the old paper texture.
    The black dots are just placeholders for where I think would be good locations for cities/castles or what not. What do you think?

EDIT: Oh, and the attachement is scaled down to 50% of it's original size BTW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empyrience0234.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	25979  
    Last edited by Shinobiden; 06-18-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks nice. As for size you can upload around 4000 x 4000 OR under 4.7 megabytes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Oooo, thats a real nice start, i think this site can handle this map at full size easily so don't be afraid to post it, unless it's over 4.7 megabytes.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice start... looking forward to seing it progress...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wip

Made some progress on forests and main roads.
    Apparently photobucket likes to shrink the image on it's own
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empyrience023 copy.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	26033  
    Last edited by Shinobiden; 06-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I can't make out too much detail at this size, but from what I can see, it looks excellent. The color choice is awesome.

Not quite sure what you mean about photobucket shrinking the image - I know they have a tendency to do that if you exceed their file size limit, but can't you just upload the original size directly from your computer to this site without going through photobucket?

I was unable to upload directly from my pc for some reason, but I tried it in a different browser just now and it worked. I'm going to edit my previous post with the full size.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Great looking mountains.

Guild Journeyer

As mentioned previously, excellent colour scheme! It has a very warm feel. What about the mountains? Did you make them? Mouse/tablet? Very nice. And the trees also. It's a sweet map! With some careful choice of fonts (I am always doing it wrong!) it should be flying to the top!

Thanks for the comment . Yes I made the mountains; first with graphite along with the coast lines, and then with a mouse in Photoshop for the shading. I am kind of nervous about the fonts. It will be difficult to position them in the best way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast