Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** October/November Lite Challenge - Zooming In Further ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** October/November Lite Challenge - Zooming In Further ***

This month we'll be taking the building shapes used for last month's challenge and zooming in even further. Your challenge is to pick one of the building silhouettes and use this as the outline for your map. Create the interior of the building, along with some description of the place you are mapping. Other than that, the challenge is wide open! Let the best map win.

Here are the silhouettes as a png, and also as a .svg file:
    HouseSilhouttes.zip

To enter, create a new thread in this forum with the title of your piece and state clearly that this is an entry for the October/November Lite Challenge.

Each work in progress image should be preceded in the post by ### Latest WIP ### tag. This is so that the thumbnail scraper can pick up the images for the challenge thumbs.

The contest will end on the 15th of November with voting over the following days.

Good luck and happy mapping!
    Last edited by torstan; 10-27-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Nice idea.
    It seems to me that with these lite challenges I'll get experience in the various kinds of maps that I would elsewise take my time in approaching.
    And of course I'll enter.

See, that's awesome. Nice challenge idea!
    M

Question let's say I took the shapes from the previous mapping challenge to form a new building, i.e. the abbey in my priory map. Can I use that as the base of my map. Or is it constrained to the actual shapes that were provided.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Can I make the interior in 3D? Or..?
    And can we use two or more of the shapes by setting them together?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, combinations of the shapes are totally allowed, as is 3D.

Ideally you will end up with a detailed building plan that fits into the town maps that were created in the previous lite challenge - though there's no requirement that you entered the last one of course.
    Last edited by torstan; 10-27-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Well... The Church I'm making will not be so abandoned as the one "Safe Church" in Ruinville But.. I'll try to add a slightly postapocalyptic feel to it.

Cool challenge idea. Too bad that I have no time at the moment. Good luck guys!

Hurray, an encounter-map scale challenge! We need more of those. I'll definitely be participating this month. Now, which shape...

So I'm thinking about entering this challenge, but . . .

The idea I have in mind would require changing the size of parts of a building/silhouette, and I'm not sure if that would be allowed within the constraints of the challenge. The other thing that struck me is the whole

Ideally you will end up with a detailed plan within the map you did for the previous challenge, and of course everyone else's map should also fit a floorplan of your town map, so everyone get's a load of useful maps at the end of the day.
    I'm sure I must be interpreting that wrong, but it sounds very much as if we can't enter this challenge unless we participated in the previous challenge. If that's not the case, it might be a good idea to find a better way to word that part so that potential participants aren't put off.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast