Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellows

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Stunning work Ramah... looking forward to seeing more.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Ok, quick update.

Almost finished the Ring section now, although I plan on adding some information regarding the Smoke Stack area on it. I've left the very rough sketch of the inner workings of one of the foils on this time although I've not altered it at all. Needs completely redoing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bellows2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	30395

Next up then - redraw the foil cutaway, find a better position for it and I reckon I'm gonna spend a little time doing some decoration at the border.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

It looks fantastic Ramah, but it seems that it would need at least 6 legs to maintain its balance and level.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I see what you mean about the legs...pick one leg up to walk and it falls over. That center bit is looking great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I think it's actually a sectional cut out of the entire town but happens to pass through two legs. Each leg has an additional spike mid-way up that stabilizes in case of collapse? But I'm sure there multiple legs i.e. 6-8.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

Nope, there are only four legs. I'd invoke the "client's wishes > logic" act but I think I can answer this one: each leg, when placed, attaches itself to the ground in one or two ways, one of them being that the internal workings of the legs drills down and creates a mineshaft that workers use. This is how it takes on its metal ore, coal etc. Each step takes quite some time. So when it walks, when one leg is in the air the other three are attached to the ground, thus keeping it steady.

That's my take on it at least.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

I figured there was a logical explanation. That makes sense and is very clever. The only thing i would worry about now is that after a few trips around the mechanol the ground would start to erode and create an unstable path that would cave in as one of the other great machines followed. I'm over analyzing. Perhaps one of the other sentient beings fixes the problem. I can't wait to see the other colossal sentient clockworkery. Your talent is truly inspiring.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice... and I love the drawings - and the font ... the only critique would be that the "sprawl" in the top section of the city looks like it is in perspective, and the other parts don't. Probably an optical illusion, but nevertheless its there ... but damn nice map.. love the cut-through - I would love to do stuff like that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That is just gorgeous! Take some rep, please!

Blog Entries

An update with the Ring section of the city complete with Smoke Stack section - this area contains a host of chimneys that originate from the Central Forge area and also contains all the important buildings of the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bellows_Ring_2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	581.7 KB 
ID:	30765

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast