Thread: How to install palettes on Gimp (mac) V. 2.6.7

Help How to install palettes on Gimp (mac) V. 2.6.7

Hy,

I have a little problem here. I just arrived in the community, and I was trying to begin a little map with Gimp 2.6.7 on my mac. But here is the problem: I took a look at the tutorial ([Award Winner] Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map), and in the second post, it is said that we must install the palette before starting any drawing.

So I download the palette pattern proposed, I dragged it into the "palette" folder of gimp application... And I just can't find how to do then.
    I search where I can select a palette of colors, but I just can't find it.

Is anyone here can explain me how to open a downloaded palette of colors in order to use it in Gimp 2.6.7 for mac?

Thanks!
    Kikouk

Have you restarted GIMP since copying it? If not there is a refresh button looks like arrows in a circle on the bottom of the pallete window. That will refresh loaded content and it should appear.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    Have you restarted GIMP since copying it? If not there is a refresh button looks like arrows in a circle on the bottom of the pallete window. That will refresh loaded content and it should appear.
    And where do I find the "palette window"? (here is my real question, in fact)

(Yes, I'm a begginer)

Theres two ways you can access it. One you can open fresh as a single window. From the top of the screen Windows -> Dockable Dialogs -> Palletes. Or on either your layers or toolbox windows already open there is a button with an arrow pointing left, click that Add Tab -> Palletes. This should add a tab ontop of that window with that can switch you over to the pallete window.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Grate! It works! Thank you very much!

You're very welcome! This is pretty much how you change windows in GIMP, as you'll get more familiar with the software I'm sure you are gonna customize it more. I myself am still new to GIMP but so far I like to use pallettes, layers, paths, patterns and brushes. Play around and learn is my motto.
    Cheers, Julien