Thread: Priory of Saint Margaret of Antioch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Priory of Saint Margaret of Antioch

Here's the map I made for the September-October Lite Challenge for those that missed it. It's a medieval priory in the late 12th century. The town revolves around the trade of wool and grain. Annually the citizens hold The Festival of the Shepherdess revolving around the trade of wool where merchants and local farmers trade and earn their keep until the next festival. The local abbey is currently held by Benedictine monks of the Order of Cluny during a time when the reform was occurring to the monastic life to bring to the fore front the need to care for the poor. They chose Saint-Margaret as their patron saint due to her being portrayed as a guardian of commoners and often pictured as a shepherdess. Saint-Margaret of Antioch (or the Virgin) had a large following in England, one of the many churches dedicated to her and probably most popular is the church of St-Margaret of Westminster. Although based with many historical facts, this community is located in a fictional version of England.

I know if I would have presented this back story with the map I probably would have received more votes, but that wasn't my objective. Seeing as I'm the learning stages and still have much more to learn, I wanted to see what kind of response I would receive on the work itself not the presentation. I did learn a lot on this project and I thank you guys for having the Lite Challenges as tool for us newer members to learn with. Thanks community leaders on the work you guys do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sep-Oct - Lite Challenge - Priory of Saint Margaret of Antioch .jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	30357  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.