Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *poof* Archmagician Arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Archmagician View Post
    Dutch Kills, NY? Hmm is that near Astoria? I was born in Inwood, Queens.
    QUEENS IN THE HOUSE - REPRESENT Y'ALL!

Yeah, Dutch Kills is a little triangle area between Astoria, Long Island City and Sunnyside. The local realtors have taken it upon themselves to re-designate our community as Astoria to push their listings because Astoria is *the* hotspot to live outside of Manhattan right now. I'm just trying to do a little "historical preservation" of a great neighborhood.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located now?
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Archmagician, where did you find the picture of the Grimroots Grove? Was it from the Dundjinni forums? Can you give me a link?
    Nowhere! I created it. I simply dragged a few artpack objects from dundjinni and dragged them onto the screen. I also created the Oil Lantern Glade from scratch too. Neither are very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon
    I think this is an excellent idea! I encourage you to repost under one of the WIP threads and ask specific questions. I have a few ideas in PS that may help, but I stopped using Dundjinni a couple years ago so will be no help there.
    Yes it is! Since you are doing away with the WIP forums I will start it on its own respective forums. I guess city maps since that is the closest match in regional scope.

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph
    If you don't mind me asking, where are you located now?
    Right now I am in Virignina for work, but I spend my time either in Southern California or Phoenix. In one week I will be in London getting the Led Out for the Led Zeppelin Reunion!
    [SING]And if I say to you tomorrow. Take my hand, child, come with me. It's to a castle I will take you, where what's to be, they say will be.[/SING]
    Last edited by Archmagician; 11-30-2007 at 02:43 PM.

Ah, ok. I was thinking you were trying to use that picture and add grass and such underneath it. Since you have the original symbols you can just rebuild it.

If you still have Grimroots Grove saved, you can export it as a PNG and it will have a transparent background. Then it is very simple to just drop in a forest floor texture on a layer underneath it and you are good to go.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yes it is! Since you are doing away with the WIP forums I will start it on its own respective forums. I guess city maps since that is the closest match in regional scope.
    Yes, I meant those same threads; we have not done away with the WIP forum, we've just combined it with the others I look forward to seeing your post(s) there!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I was thinking that perhaps I should start a thread where I work on one of my PBeM maps and I ask questions about how to acheive certain effects, maybe we can tag this as, a good guide for noobs, since my questions will be fairly basic and ones that many other beginners might ask.
    Allow me to just echo the others and tell you that's an excellent idea. I did much the same with my first digital map, and I learned tons about both the tools and the art of mapmaking.

We don't seem to have a whole lot of Dunjinni users here, though. I guess they're largely satisfied by their own (quite nice) forums.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Archmagician - Welcome!

This is THE site to talk about, learn about, share, experiment, and succeed at generating brilliant maps. You've definitely come to the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Yes, I meant those same threads; we have not done away with the WIP forum, we've just combined it with the others I look forward to seeing your post(s) there!
    Without a doubt I will do this. I am a sponge for you map gods to toy with! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Allow me to just echo the others and tell you that's an excellent idea. I did much the same with my first digital map, and I learned tons about both the tools and the art of mapmaking.

We don't seem to have a whole lot of Dunjinni users here, though. I guess they're largely satisfied by their own (quite nice) forums.
    Your map is really coming along! I am impressed at the difference between where you started and where you are at now, in only 8 pages of message threads!

Thank you; I was also quite pleased. There are a couple of bits that did not turn out quite as well as they might have, but overall I think I hit pretty close to the center of the target with it. Many thanks once again to everyone who gave their input on it, especially Jaerdaph for helping me through my early struggles with the software.

Anyway, I'll do my best to make cogent comments for you, as was done for me.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard Archmagician...I'm glad to have ya here! I'm looking into the default post icon thing...
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12