Thread: *poof* Archmagician Arrives

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post *poof* Archmagician Arrives

Hello All!

I just got done typing this incredibly long intro when I got a "must include post icon" and LOST it all! *cry*

Anyway, the gist of it was:
    Currently working on a novel - will need a few maps for that
    Roleplaying since 1983 - Currently running a PBeM (it hasnt started yet) need maps! If you are curious or want to join here is a link to the site:
    http://pbem1.reynoldslive.com/(S(yvh.../MainPage.ashx

Anyway, I joined this board some time ago, and I have been lurking. You guys are the BOMB when it comes to map making (I am not Worthy!). I would love to get better at making maps.

Tools: I own Photoshop, Dundjinni, and CC3 (plus many add ons).

My current task, to create maps for my PBeM. I am seriously struggling with this. Here is my first attempt at a Forest Map for a Wood Elf Community: Oil Lantern Glade

The problem with this map is the forest floor. Argh that thing is uuugly! I realize that I need to do the floor in photoshop. So I tried attempting that in Grimroots Grove, but the problem I ran into, is that Dundjinni doesnt appear to let you import a jpg (like as a floor map). I think they made that product around selling Artpacks.

So I tried exporting it and using a color grab to grab the white and delete it, but I am not having much luck here. There is always a bit of color left around the objects. I have *some* photoshop skills but they are weak.

I tried following that AWESOME gimp tutorial on here, but it doesnt always translate well for this noob in Photoshop.

What I would really like to do is have a kind of splotchy floor effect, with the use of a bump map to give it some "rough" feel. Now THAT would be awesome. Anyway, I will keep reading and posting as this site kicks ass!!

thanks for tolerating my Tolstoyish like intro (Hope this one makes it!!!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OilLanternGlade2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrimrootsGrove.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	1815