Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You've got a long day of gaming ahead of you... what do you eat?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ironman13405 View Post
    Yes I do mean like foods appropriate to the setting your playing in. It's epic
    yeah... then just play some space setting, then you can serve food in tubes
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by ironman13405 View Post
    Yes I do mean like foods appropriate to the setting your playing in. It's epic
    Well if that's what you are after...many years ago we decided to eat as our characters would, while on adventure. So we figured trail rations would be the go...We ate beef jerky, hard cheeses, nuts and camp bread ( flour and water with a pinch of salt baked in a campfire) washed down with water from a gourd. We also made plain poridge to simulate the nourishing gruel of a clerics 'create food and water' spell. A few times we had spiced wine and mead or warm flat beer with geasy hunks of meat and chunks of bread with dripping to simulate tavern fare.

I think it was around the same time that we tried going D&D camping, but only eating what we could catch or forage. That didn't go so well as you can imagine.

If I tried to eat that now my digesive and circulatory systems would probably colapse. It was fun at the time though!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sounds like you had fun though ... in my "olden" days of roleplaying (high school) we usually played saturday, started early and made a nice roast, some baked potatos and some veggies on the side, and lots of sauce bernaise... just like the travellers on the road did... eh... well... ok... high born travellers in a kingly inn
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

For our gaming group (mostly board gaming and on the very, very rare occasion RPGs) it was usually wine and beer. Food, pizza or an Indian or Chinese Take away (sometimes). But to be honest the wine and beer got top billing.

Dragon Noodles!
    You could just make stuff and give it names that sound good. "Here, have a bite of this bat head." (for a hushpuppy, hehe). Check out what they serve at Mid-evil Times. A big ol' juicy BBQ Turkey leg always looks good as Barbarian food.

Usually we order Pizza or everyone just brings something ala Subway or Wendy's. As the GM I usually don't get to eat much so I try to eat before I start and then just nibble. Everyone else has a great time feasting away while someone else is in the hot seat. I've had beers before but usually we just stick to Soda.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I believe you should eat every 3 hours, so rule #1 is don't overeat. Other than that, it's 30 grams of protein, slow carbs, and some essential oils. Call me crazy!

Way back when it used to be a big bag of Cheetos chased down with as much soda as was available.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time. In addition, they no longer make video games that can pique my interest for a whole day...the golden age of gaming has long since passed.

Quote Originally Posted by krasimir View Post
    I believe you should eat every 3 hours, so rule #1 is don't overeat. Other than that, it's 30 grams of protein, slow carbs, and some essential oils. Call me crazy!
    Thanks for your contribution...
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12