Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You've got a long day of gaming ahead of you... what do you eat?

Question You've got a long day of gaming ahead of you... what do you eat?

Roleplaying, CBT, Console, or Computer... you know your gonna be there all day( or night) and you don't want grabbing food to take too much time away. So what do you bring with you? If you do take a break for a meal, what do you typically get?

This can be at home gaming, or in the shop gaming...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Four ounces of pretzels (count 'em, four), a Subway spicy italian foot-long, 1L Coke and 2L Coke Zero. That's what I take to my Sunday session anyway. In the old days it would have been more like pizza, Doritos, and Coke...but with age comes weight so I've had to get more sensible.
    M

For our gaming group we make it a dinner party and have had, BBQ STeak, Chicken, Pasta, Korean Kal-Bi, etc, etc.

Basically we make a menu before hand and get together, cook, eat, game
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Face to face with my UK group (rare but fun) - pizza and coffee. In NY - Grand Sichuan take out. Nothing quite like pork soup dumplings with TPK. Some Brooklyn beer or whatever interesting brew the players have found (they believe that liquoring the DM will save them from a sticky end - little do they know...)

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

some chips, sometimes chocolate or mixed candy, lot and lots of coke or pepsi (mostly pepsi since its cheaper), pizza or sometimes burger or indian is ordered in. And a few times we go wild and have fruit
    very seldom beer, and we never cook ourselves as we only play from 17.00 to 24.00 on a "schoolnight" every other month, so no time to waste.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

For a long time it was beer, cheese platters, dips, chips, pizza and coke.

Now in the past few months we have decided to take turns preparing a meal the night before and bring it along. A couple of the guys are quite good cooks, and we've enjoyed a good variety of home cooked fare from pasta, to hamburgers, to sheherds pie, to chicken and polenta. WE still enjoy a beer or two.

Character sheets are kept in plasic sleeves .
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Mmmm, kal-bi. My brother's wife is Korean. Don't live near them anymore but she's a good cook. I miss good Korean food, which is oddly absent in the Portland area. I could game on some good Korean food...but maybe the kimchee breath would get old after a few hours!
    M

You know me and my friend's the other day where asking ourselves that. We wanted food of the time anybody have ideas? That'd be killer.. All the things I looked at were like ewww the meat was amazing though!

Quote Originally Posted by ironman13405 View Post
    We wanted food of the time anybody have ideas?
    You mean like foods appropriate to the setting your playing in??? Hmm... that's a thought...

Yes, in the end there is a real, evil plot behind these questions. Thank you for your answers...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Yes I do mean like foods appropriate to the setting your playing in. It's epic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast