Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper?

Well I can transfer the maps via stamp. Basicaly a wax transfer paper then seal with a resin?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bkh1914 View Post
    If you really want to make old-fashioned parchment, you first need to have a source of raw animal hides. Deer, goat and sheep hides are thin enough and strong enough for parchment. I don't know where you live, but deer hides are often available for free during hunting season. (If you know the right hunters!)

A good source of information is a tanning forum called The Hide Out! ( http://www.braintan.com/hideout/index.htm ) It's been a long time since I was there, but they had some good threads on making parchment.
    gotta love this forum - there is always someone who know the obscure place to look ... and "hide out" ... great name *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Parchment and Paper are two very different things. Parchment is very thin, stretched rawhide. Paper is essentially a plant fibre felt. "Parchment Paper" is paper impregnated with silicone for use in cooking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12