Thread: It's Nice to Become Part of this Community

Default It's Nice to Become Part of this Community

Hello all,

I am Lax Incense (real name's Bobby) and I'm new here. I'm a Sophomore in High School from the greater Boston area of Massachusetts (USA). I'm here mainly because I'm interested in fantasy cartography, especially with Photoshop, as well as being part of a community of people with similar interests. Ever since I've started to become more interested in creative cartography and making my own fantasy art and literature, I've been looking for a good community to help supplement my learning in cartography, from which I've seen through many examples on this very forum, has a lot of depth and many styles and genres.

Overall I'm pretty excited to be here. Here's a list of some other hobbies and activities I enjoy:

- Music, anywhere from playing the Piano to making beats in Garage Band. I've been playing the Piano for a decade now.
    - Sports, I enjoy playing Basketball as well as American Football competitively.
    - Art, from Photoshop to drawing and writing
    - Reading, I like genres such as Fantasy or Mystery, as well as Astronomy, Biology, Physics, and other sciences.
    - Exploring, I'm somewhat of a tree hugger you could say. I like to walk through forests, mountains, and beaches, swim in the ocean, and watch random birds that make nests on my patio (it happened three times within two months, haha).
    - Videogames, especially MMORPGs (I play RuneScape and lead a clan of about 30 active members, you can laugh).
    - Randomstuffs, such as solving a Rubik's Cube in under two minutes and reciting the entire Elements Song.
    - Girls ( ;P)

Politically, I'm fairly liberal in most matters but do not affiliate myself with any particular political party.

Okay, so that's pretty much me in a nutshell, look forward to meeting ya'll.

Also you can trust me to be an active member here and not ditch like most newly registered members, I'm quite the forums addict.
    Last edited by Lax Incense; 10-26-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Heya Lax Incense/Bobby. Welcome to the Guild! If you want to learn about fantasy (or even real) cartography then you've come to the right place. That's an impressive list of hobbies and I, for one, am very pleased to meet a high school sophomore on the Internet that has apparently mastered the English language beyond the hooked on phonics level...and an American (sophomore or not) that realizes that America is just a fairly small piece of a larger world (your reference to American football). Yeah. I have high expectations of you. So. Let's see some maps!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HI Bobby, welcome to the guild - lots of good tutorials in here, just make a WIP thread for help and critiique while your working
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome from a new mapper!
    [cartography newbie]

My deviantART gallery will be updated with a separate cartography folder.

Welcome to the community.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thanks all for the warm welcome, I have many creations in mind to make in the upcoming weekend.