Thread: September-oktober challenge - Goblins in the Statue of Liberty

Denmark. Tiny place. used to be a lot of vikings around here.

Default September-oktober challenge - Goblins in the Statue of Liberty

Goblins in the Statue of Liberty

Well, this is my first attempt at one of the Guilds’ competitions. I have been in New York twice, and I am truly fond of that great city. It was therefore with great relish, that I threw myself into this competition.
    When I think of New York City, my first inner picture is always the Statue of Liberty. I have seen her from afar many times, I have even sailed past her once, but I have never been inside. And many times have I pondered: What goes on inside that big statue? What mysteries are hidden?
    I remember reading an old Nick Fury comic, in which the hero battles a multitude of enemies all the way up and down the statue. And since I am an old RPG player (30 years of playing now, phew) I wanted to do something with goblins.
    All of this got mixed up in my fevered brain, and so it ended up being Goblins in the Statue of Liberty, with a kind of cross-cut which shows us the everyday life of a goblin tribe that has taken residence there.
    It proved to be one of the most enjoyable drawings that I have made for some time as my 9-year old boy gave a lot of priceless and invaluable advice and critique. This alone, has made this competition worth it all for me.

I have little skill with computers, though I often clean up my drawings on Photoshop. My favorite tools are paper and ink, and it was with these that I made my contribution to the competition. This will, if nothing else, add another layer of diversity to the works of art that are already posted here.

I will also uset this opportunity to praise the works of my fellow contributers on this site. Your work is stunning, precise and made with an attention to detail which is indeed inspiring and a pleasure to watch. It is thus with a shaky hand that I post my own low-tech scribblings alongside the highly professional works of you all.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goblins in the Statue of Liberty.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	1,006.9 KB 
ID:	30456  
    Last edited by tilt; 10-27-2010 at 03:58 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Funny! I hope you can finish it, only a few days remain.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild Michael, nice to see your drawings in here. You forgot to add a "hex hex hex Latest WIP hex hex hex" to your entry, I'll fix it for you

@sapiento: I believe it is finished, he prefers b/w
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Denmark. Tiny place. used to be a lot of vikings around here.

Default Thats right

Yes, thats right, I prefer Black 'n White.

I like it! Busy little guys, those goblins.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Black and white then. Funny idea.