Thread: Dust (video game - sculpt a 3D world)

Guild Journeyer

Link Dust (video game - sculpt a 3D world)

Populous style landscape manipulation game due in 2011

very pretty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nABQLSfmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfKQC...eature=channel

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow.. that looks good
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

That's pretty interesting isn't it !

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep... them world creating fingers are aching ... to bad I don't have any hardware that can run that program (pretty sure of that) *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, I can hear my laptop protesting just looking at that.... I love the lava - very evocative. Not sure about the fowing water though - looks very viscous when it's pouring over new areas. Seems they don't want to animate splashes (and I don't blame them!). Absolutely stunning though, and the human models are stunningly rendered.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yeah looks cool, I would imagine the specs to be pretty high to run it at a decent resolution.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Its really really difficult to render water is a very non-viscous liquid. You can see from some of the shots where the water flows into pools and the white texture on top that it swirls around so they are using a fluid dynamics bit of math. I saw that they are eroding some of the land but I didn't see any sediment build up. I saw the lava just get to the water but then it cut to another scene and I would have liked to know what they did with that. Its hard to know whether its really that fast because they are calculating the land on such low res lumps. But its neat to be able to do anything like that in real time.

Wow, that is really nice looking. It would be fun to play around with that.

Was I the only one who didn't care for the voice in that second video? Something lacking in her excitement level or maybe it's just that sort of calm voice that tells me there is nothing that can be done about the extra charges I am being gouged with on my credit card. LOL. Who knew someone could say, "We have Lava." like it was no big deal at all? Outrageous I say!

Need to find out what the system requirements are because honestly, my rig needs a serious overhaul now that I'm getting into all this artistic stuff
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt