Thread: D&D hiking trip?

Default D&D hiking trip?

I have this amazing idea I got it from another post where he said that he went D&D camping in the food post. Well that gave me the idea, hike as you roleplayed as your person staying in the age of terms using age old ways of collecting food and shelter. Hmm?
    If your going backwards to go foward that must mean your aiming to goto the past but your end up going to the future? Back to the future.

Go for it if you can stand to loose a few pounds to the elements.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

I trust that you are going to do this as a human of some sort? I could just see someone dressing up as one of the more interesting D&D races and terrorizing the other hikers

911 dispatcher: Hello, what is your emergency?
    Hiker: THERES A CRAZY PERSON DRESSED UP AS A NURGLE RUNNING AROUND THE PARK!!!
    D:

sounds like an interesting idea...

I tried something similar to this with a couple buddies 15 years ago when we were in high school. We packed some bread, apples and cheese and loaded them into our rucks along with a bedroll and headed for the trail. It was fun for a while, but then it rained. We ended up calling our parents from a pay-phone to come pick us up.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    I trust that you are going to do this as a human of some sort? I could just see someone dressing up as one of the more interesting D&D races and terrorizing the other hikers

911 dispatcher: Hello, what is your emergency?
    Hiker: THERES A CRAZY PERSON DRESSED UP AS A NURGLE RUNNING AROUND THE PARK!!!
    D:

sounds like an interesting idea...
    I don't know, if someone knows what a nurgle is, then I'm sure they wouldn't bother calling anyone as they would know what was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Map Vandal View Post
    I tried something similar to this with a couple buddies 15 years ago when we were in high school. We packed some bread, apples and cheese and loaded them into our rucks along with a bedroll and headed for the trail. It was fun for a while, but then it rained. We ended up calling our parents from a pay-phone to come pick us up.
    If there was a payphone near by, you didn't go hiking!

Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
    If there was a payphone near by, you didn't go hiking!
    It was a little bit of a walk, but we found one. The applachian trail goes through many small towns and parks.