Thread: World Hex Template ala Welsh Piper

Blog Entries

Default World Hex Template ala Welsh Piper

I'm really just putting off work I should be doing, but here is my attempt to double the size of the template found at http://www.welshpiper.com/world-hex-template/

I love hex maps and am hoping to revive a campaign I started back in the early 90's through some solo play and the Mythic GME. I know it distorts things etc, but sometimes it's about playability.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world hex template earth size.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	31495

As you can see, I did it in a spread sheet, converted to pdf and then to png. Apparently you can open pdf's in GIMP. Who knew?
    Last edited by hohum; 12-15-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling again

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thanks for posting...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That looks really cool, HoHum! If you're willing, cool workflow to go spreadsheet - pdf - png, but if you want instant grids with text and no graphics (as it is here), it sounds like a cool way to go! Is there any chance you could post a .zip of the spreadsheet? I really like the style of this. Hmm it looks like the sort of thing that Isomage with his program skilz could make into a generator where you entered the criteria you wanted (number of squares) and it would generate the template for you to that spec.