Thread: Grimroots Grove - Noob Guide - Created by Noobs For Noobs LOL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Grimroots Grove - Noob Guide - Created by Noobs For Noobs LOL

Well this is the SECOND time I have lost a post on this message forum in as many days! Can't a default "icon" for posts be chosen in the admin section so that when folks type in long messages and forget to choose an icon, they dont lose their entire post? *cry*

So where was I, ok Gromroots grove. It is a forest setting and I want to create a nice looking small scale map for it. I tried doing it all in Dundjinni but the problem is that the floor tiles in Dundjinni just dont work for me. They look too repetative.

So I used the Artpack stuff to create trees and forest life, but I want to import repeatable tiles for the road/path and also for the forest floor.

I tried importing the attached photo into Photoshop and deleting the white, then putting colors underneath but it turned out looking like death warmed over.

So what I would like to do is to use some tiles that I will attach here for the flooring, and one cool looking one for the path/road, and then using bump maps to give them a 3d feel.

So they question is what is a good method to do this? Is this a good noob question and format for a tutorial by a noob? (So I can highlight my experiences?)

--------

Late addition! I found this fantastic tutorial which could be used to create a grassy type of forest floor tile!
    http://www.oman3d.com/tutorials/phot...et_texture.php
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrimrootsGrove.jpg 
Views:	685 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	1823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foryondy%20grasslands4.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	1824   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	520.9 KB 
ID:	1825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1792.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	1826  
    Last edited by Archmagician; 12-01-2007 at 02:11 AM.