Thread: CC import into FT

Question CC import into FT

Hi,
    I finally decided to bought cc3 this week and I bought the world mapping bundle (cc3 +dd3+ FT +cd3 ) cause I've read that you can import a cc2 map into FT (fractal terrain pro) and use that program to transform it into relief as seem to be the genre in this forum, which I love.

Any one got an idea of how to do it?
    Or know a way to transform my map into relief? Because I try with PS but the result don’t look too good if I want to keep my mountain range as they are.
    I know it would be better for me to just drop my El-Hazard map, but I put too much hour (and cc versions) into it.

thanks, alu.

Hi Alu,

Hate to say it, but unless things have changed (which they might have done) I don't think you can import CC maps into FT, although you can export FT terrains as CC maps. Do you remember where you read that you could import CC maps into FT?

If you want to transform your map into a relief, you might be better off using photoshop or similar or Bryce.

Ok thanks anyway.

I've read that in the pdf basic FT manual: it says that with cc2; wilbur and FT pro I can do it. That I must follow the instruction from the manual that comes with the CD (1 2 more weeks before that).

In any case; I thing I'll just redraw the basic shape on my world then put back all the other stuff with cc3 since it look so much more good.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

I just found what I was looking for in one of the tutorials.

Thanks to RobA.

But after some test, I decide to create a new world map, cause the original one doesn't look as good as I would like.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

There IS a way to do it. Takes a while but I did do it (and am still in the process of adjusting the final FT Map for my world. But is can be done.

I am looking for the tutorial now that I followed, but it may take me a while.

OK, found the tutorial:

http://www.jhendor.de/cc2/tutorials.html

It is the third one down the page.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Oh my sieve like brain! I had completely forgotten that we'd had this conversation before and Rob had the answer! Ralf's tutorial is great, and I'm sure if there is someone who would find the answer it would be him. I just don't think the results look all that wonderful after the conversion though.

Guild Member

It is possible, and I worked through the tutorial some time ago... and found the results much less than pleasing.