Hi everybody, my name is Ander. My brother-in-law told me about CG. I'm glad he did because I love maps, always have, real and imagined ones. I've seen so many wonderful maps over the last two days since joining and I'm hoping to put some of my map making abilities (such as they are!) to good use. I can only hope to come up with something half as awesome as I've seen here. I have my own world I'd like to develop eventually (Thuria), but right now I'm wanting to map out some established fantasy worlds for my own amusement.

Recently I've been making plans to create my own version of Stephen R. Donaldson's 'The Land.' It's been well established map-wise, there's even an atlas of it that came out in 1985 from Karen Wynn Fonstad. But I want one with all the place names, something that can be framed and put on the wall, something I'VE made. I really love that world; been reading the Thomas Covenant series for 27 years now. Always in the back of my mind I've wanted to create my own map of that world. I'm hoping to finally make that a reality over the next few months and into the coming year.

First I gotta learn a few things, especially computer stuff, before that happens. Looking forward to watching some of the great tutorials I've seen on here.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys. See you around CG!