Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple farm village map

Here's my finished work pending feed back and changes. Still kinda square but I don't mind. Also wasn't sure what to do with the fields for plantations so I simply did hay fields for livestock. There is room for a compass rose, scale, legend etc upon your request. Also kept it black and white per your request. Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farm Town.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	30667  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good, I wonder about the slight elevation on the road, when there is nothing on the hedges?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

thanks geamon!
    i will change to "taken" (i think this is it, right?).

now, i would like to ask you a few changes.
    could you do less "square"? the hole village format, i mean.
    also, the plantation part could show a little more, like i tried to do in my lousy doodle. (this is abetter representation, only that here is "3d" and a kind of side view, but im looking for "from the sky view" :http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...608468-000.jpg

last, could you not "end" the roads to the houses?

i love the art, please let me knoe if the changes are possible!

Basically you want me to make the roads less square and flowing more like a river and end right at the base of the houses? Should be possible...As for the plantations I just haven't thought of anything specific yet that will pop. I'll take a look at making those changes after you reply. Also let me know if you want a name/title, compass rose or any other elements added.

@tilt: I didn't work on elevations or shadows because from my understanding rossik didn't want any "3D" effects. If there is any present it's coincidental
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Journeyer

thats right about the road!
    about the plantation, you can do something generic, simbolic. no need fot "potatoes", Corn", tomatoes", etc...just something "grassy", i think.

and no names or compass, please. theres no need for such

cheers

Here's the map with the modifications you wanted (I hope). I had a grass texture for the farms I guess it was too light so I darkened it. Any final revisions you want before I make this the final version?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farm Town.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	30673  
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Journeyer

its almost there!

i dont follow one thing: theres a road, right? and theres another "mark" that outline the whole map. what is it?
    could you do just the road, the houses/farms and plantations? also, could you let the roads "open ended" to the houses?

Hedges/Tree Growth around farms. There is never a farm without something delineating the edge of the area I chose hedge rows because fences aren't viable at this scale. I don't get what you mean by open ended for roads They all lead up to the edge of the houses like you asked, even going under the houses but not visible. Are you thinking more of a courtyard area as opposed to roads at the intersections near the farms/barns?
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Journeyer

yes, i dont know exaclty how to say, but i think that there is to much plantation there. i wish, if possible, for more free and unmarked field, as i will try to show here:

the giant Xs doesnt exist, they are there only to show the free space

also, theres the "open road" thing i said

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast