Thread: World, City and Local Map for Indie Game Community Use

Default World, City and Local Map for Indie Game Community Use

Good morning.

We at Black Chicken Studios have recently launched our debut indie game Academagia: The Making of Mages (www.academagia.com), and in support of community requests we would like to provide a set of maps to orient our players and for general world information. We have maps prepared for internal reference, but these of course are not fit for general consumption and are of embarrassingly amateurish quality.

Here are the details on the request:

Commission:
    Paid: Please e-mail us at Academagia ~at~ gmail ~dot~ com to discuss commission.

Time Constraints
    There no time constraints- this is for community support and has no specific urgency.

Style
    The game is set in a late Renaissance/early Reformation fantasy setting, and we are open to any style that fits generally with that time period. Essentially, satellite maps are probably an anachronism.

Description of Maps
    We would like to prepare 3 maps: the section of the world where the game takes place, part of a city where the game is set, and finally the local environs of the game itself. We have reference sketches of all 3, and the local setting map was actually produced by our UI Designer, although unfortunately incomplete:

http://steamrobin.deviantart.com/art...-Map-119427901

...it is not necessary to keep this style, if the artist prefers otherwise or has another vision.

Quality & Size
    We would prefer Professional, but can accept semi Professional.
    We have no specific size requirements- the artist may use their discretion for what is necessary to portray the map to best effect.

Copyright
    We will have copyright of the map, and will allow the artist to exhibit the image as part of their portfolio.

Blog Entries

Your game looks very intriguing.

I'm sure you'll get quite a few applying for this - it looks like a fun thing to have your name attached to.

I'd love to have applied myself but alas, I've been dragging my heels over doing a city map and so have no examples to show. Note to self - must rectify this situation soon.

Good luck finding an artist to do it for you.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks Ramah, we appreciate it.

Blog Entries

These are the maps that Sapiento is doing atm. So yeah, taken.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt